New customer licensing questions

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SergioM9, Jun 23, 2022.

1. SergioM9

SergioM9 Bit poster

Hello, I have tested Parallels 17 and I am now thinking about purchasing a license but I have some questions:
    • If I buy a standard edition subscription license, do I need to pay full price each year or does the upgrade price apply for subsequent years?
    • If I buy a standard edition 1-Time purchase, then later buy a 1 year subscription upgrade to get v18 for example and cancel after some time I am assuming then I go back to only having the original 1-Time purchase licence, correct?
    • Once I have a 1-time purchase licence, for how long can this be used to upgrade to a later version of your software? For example, I buy a 1-Time license for v17 and I want to upgrade to v20 a few years later at the upgrade price (lower). Is this possible?
    thanks in advance

2. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, 1. If you purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard Edition subscription, you will have to pay the full amount of Standard Edition for yearly renewal.
    2. Yes, that's correct. If you purchase Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac permanent license and purchase the Pro Upgrade subscription and cancel it after some time you will still have the Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac permanent license and you can only use Parallels Desktop 17.
    3. If you purchase Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac permanent license you will be able to use that license for any number of years as the previous version key to upgrade to the latest version of Parallels Desktop.
    Thanks.