I have a new iMac (10.5.8) - 4 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive. I first installed Boot Camp (80GB partition with NTFS) with Win XP Home, and installed all the stuff I wanted on it - it was working great. I installed Norton Internet Security 2009, and updated Windows, etc. I have installed Parallels Build 4.0.3844 (bought the disk, but downloaded and used the latest version). I am not having any error messages. It's just been sitting at the same thing for probably 2 hours now. I'm not sure if I should break into it, or just let it run (I'm going to leave it a while more while I go out for a while, and also wait for answers). Right now it says:
Please wait while the virtual machine is being configured...
Installing the latest version of Parallels Tools (Step 4 of 4)...
Any suggestions as to where to go from here?? I liked the way Boot Camp looked/worked - but I've paid for Parallels, and if it will work the way it's supposed to, it would be very helpful. I have just a couple of things I need Windows for, and not having to reboot to use them would be great....
Please wait while the virtual machine is being configured...
Installing the latest version of Parallels Tools (Step 4 of 4)...
Any suggestions as to where to go from here?? I liked the way Boot Camp looked/worked - but I've paid for Parallels, and if it will work the way it's supposed to, it would be very helpful. I have just a couple of things I need Windows for, and not having to reboot to use them would be great....