New Minecraft Launcher incompatible with M1 Macs?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by CaryJ, Sep 17, 2022.

1. CaryJ

CaryJ Bit poster

Hey, folks.
    I have an M1 MacBook Pro, 14-inch. I'm updated to Monterey 12.6. Most recent version of Parallels.
    It seems like Minecraft is completely incompatible with my Mac, even with Parallels. They removed the old "Minecraft for Windows" launcher from the App Store, so it can no longer update. The new launcher won't even install because it says it is incompatible with my processor. Of course, I can get the Java version to run on both Parallels or Mac-side, but I was hoping to get Bedrock up and running.
    Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

2. MartinD32

MartinD32 Bit poster

I'd quite like to know the answer to this, as well. I've got a M1 Mac Studio, Parallels runs like a dream, but I can't install Bedrock. Anyone know of any workarounds, or if Mojang has plans in this direction, or...?

3. CaryJ

CaryJ Bit poster

Hey, MartinD - About a week later, it seems like Microsoft released an AMD-compatible version of the Minecraft Launcher, and it's been working great ever since.

Were you able to get yours to work?

4. MichaelFeddersonM

MichaelFeddersonM Bit poster

Though I'm a bit late with a response, I have some ideas. Have you tried reaching out to Minecraft support or the Parallels team for assistance? They might have some additional troubleshooting steps you can try. In the meantime, if the Java version is working for you, that's still a great option!

5. JohnS147

JohnS147

I totally get your struggle with the new Minecraft launcher on M1 Macs. I had a similar issue, but guess what? I stumbled upon this awesome Javascript port for Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.8.8. It might be a workaround for you until the compatibility issues get sorted out. I'm new here too, and the community has been super helpful. As for your Bedrock quest, have you tried reaching out to Minecraft support directly?