Hi all: I will be receiving my new Mac Book Pro next week and it will have Parallels (2?) and Windows xp pro pre-installed.
I'm a long time PC user that has dabbled with Macs off and on for years. I'm still new to OS 10, and the recent death of my home Dell laptop sent me back to Mac.
The new MBP laptop's got a 2.2GHZ processor with 2GB RAM and 120 MB of storage.
I need to be running PC based Autocad and 3D Studio, and intend to use OS 10x for all other programs (graphics, word processing, music, etc). I'm not a gamer, but I do watch some video/online tv...
What's the best resource for me to learn what the heck I'm getting myself into?
Hard drive partitioning?
Virtual Memory?
ETC...
it all sounds familiar and completely intimidating.
Any reccomendations will be greatly appreciated!!!!
C.

I'm a long time PC user that has dabbled with Macs off and on for years. I'm still new to OS 10, and the recent death of my home Dell laptop sent me back to Mac.
The new MBP laptop's got a 2.2GHZ processor with 2GB RAM and 120 MB of storage.
I need to be running PC based Autocad and 3D Studio, and intend to use OS 10x for all other programs (graphics, word processing, music, etc). I'm not a gamer, but I do watch some video/online tv...
What's the best resource for me to learn what the heck I'm getting myself into?
Hard drive partitioning?
Virtual Memory?
ETC...
it all sounds familiar and completely intimidating.
Any reccomendations will be greatly appreciated!!!!
C.