Hey everyone I'm new to parallels and just wanted to let people know what I did to install windows 7. So I have a iMac 27" i7 with soon to be 16gb of ram. I just bought the windows 7 upgrade disk from Costco, and no I don't have a previous version of windows. I initially tried to do the quick install but it can't be done unless you are doing an upgrade. I then installed using custom settings. It was installed but my key code would not work. I then hit the cancel button and it worked but it gave me a notice saying I needed to activate windows within 30 days. I then inserted the upgrade disk and upgraded from windows 7 to windows 7 again using custom install. Key code worked without a problem.
Now for my questions for those who know what they're doing. Can I split the 16gb or can the vm only take so much?
Should I have an antivirus program and if so what do you recommend.
Now for my questions for those who know what they're doing. Can I split the 16gb or can the vm only take so much?
Should I have an antivirus program and if so what do you recommend.