No access to //mac/home/desktop issue (error 0x80070035) - standard fix does not work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by sdreher, Jan 27, 2021.

1. sdreher

sdreher Bit poster

Hi all,

I run a windows 10 vm on my iMac with parallels desktop. Two days ago, parallels tools made an automatic update. Right afterwards my windows vm did not start properly anymore. I got the "can't access to //mac/home/desktop error. Of course, both my desktop and download folders are in the same place as ever (standard) and have not changed.

I de-installed and re-installed the parallel tools a couple of time - no effect.
    I manually added the folder paths in the tool setting - no effect.
    I checked the mac os security settings and gave parallels full access to my file system.
    I booted my mac a couple of times - no effect.

What else can I do? I'm getting a little bit desperate because I really need access to my vm very soon. Unfortunately parallels support does not answer mail nor chat which is sad.

Anyone else some idea what other options I have without loosing my vm and re-installing everything from scratch?
    Thanks

2. sdreher

sdreher Bit poster

Additional information:

- macOS 11.1 Big Sur
    - Parallels Desktop for Mac 16
    - latest version of parallels tools

3. Hello,
    could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?