No Cursor if accessed Mac via LogMeIn

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by lukejr, Mar 7, 2014.

1. lukejr

lukejr Bit poster

So I have a Mac with Parallels Desktop for Mac v9, the latest version. I access this Mac using LogMeIn on a regular basis. I have no cursor on my virtual machine, it doesn't matter what version of Windows is installed.

The cursor is there if I used the virtual machines on the local system, but through LogMeIn it disappears. I know this might be a LogMeIn problem, but I would like Parallels to look into this issue too.

Thanks, Luke

2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello lukejr,

Due to security reasons, in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 you need to make a single click inside the VM from the host computer and then only you will be able to access the VM via LogMeIn.

If you are running any other Windows OS, you should be able to access the Virtual Machine via LogMeIn and it is not required to make any click on the VM from the host computer before you access it.

You can also check with LogMeIn team if you are facing the issue with Windows 7 or older version.

Thanks,
    Maheeshwar

3. KateS.

KateS. Bit poster

How am I supposed to "click inside the VM from the host computer" if I am logged in remotely? If I were physically at the location of the host computer, I wouldn't need to connect via LogMeIn, so I do not understand the logic of this.
    Thanks.
    Kate

4. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello KateS,

The only possible way is to have someone in-front of the computer to click on inside the Virtual Machine to continue using your Virtual Machine

via log me in.

It is mainly because of the security reasons that Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is designed in such a way.

If you have an iPad, you may also try using Parallels Access software to control your remote computer from your iPad by installing Parallels Access

software on both the iPad and on your Mac. To know more about Parallels Access , you may refer : http://kb.parallels.com/116770

You may also check out : http://www.parallels.com/products/access/ for more information on Parallels Access.

5. KateS.

KateS. Bit poster

That makes no sense to me at all. It defeats the purpose of logging in "remotely".

If I am at the host computer, I don't NEED to be logged in from another location.

6. C Benz

C Benz Bit poster

KateS,

Install LogMeIn on the Windows 8 VM to access it directly. If the VM isn't already running, obviously you'll have to remote on to the Mac first to launch it. Convoluted but it works.

7. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please change the Mouse & Keyboard Settings in Windows Virtual Machine after taking the remote access using Logmein.

Go to VM Configure (http://kb.parallels.com/117287) > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard > Select SmartMouse and change it to Don’t optimize for games > Restart Windows Virtual Machine > Start using Mouse in Windows Virtual Machine.