No EA/Origin + Steam games work in Parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by BB_3, Aug 22, 2021.

1. BB_3

BB_3 Bit poster

None of EA/Origin games on Steam work in Parallels. Other Steam games run without issues.

What is the reason for this?
    Thanks!

DenisK10 likes this.
  2. DenisK10

DenisK10 Bit poster

The same issue.
    But not only EA games. All the games with high requirements work with freezes and very low FPS.
    In spite of the fact, that my iMac has 14 processors, a video card 16gb and memory 64gb

BB_3 likes this.
  3. BB_3

BB_3 Bit poster

Most of the games I've tried work fine. On some really demanding games, lowering the resolution and graphics details is needed. However, NONE of EA games will even open.

4. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I have gotten Bioshock Infinite and Black Mesa (user version designed version of Half Life) and they both work fine run through Steam. I installed Torchlight III and it installed and started properly but was very laggy running. Did not have the patience to try the various video settings in the game - was just seeing what I could install and get to run on the M1 chip. Had issues trying to get various versions of Doom to run - but that was when I had Windows 10/ARM installed. Have not tried on Windows 11/ARM.

BB_3 likes this.
  5. BB_3

BB_3 Bit poster

That could be it. Is there a way around it?

6. BB_3

BB_3 Bit poster

I've messaged Parallels support, but they're not responding to any tickets. I even upgraded to Desktop Pro because they promise better support, but that's obviously bull.

7. Pummelchen

Pummelchen Junior Member

Battlefield 1 runs in Windows 11 inside Parallels on an M1 MBP. However its extremely slow and some textures like fog are displayed wrongly. So its technically unplayable. Compare with CS:GO on Steam which is fast and amazing on the M1 !