No internet connection (again)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mardler, Aug 8, 2008.

1. lkjeseth

lkjeseth Bit poster

Well, I solved my own problem, I think. I don't know how I disabled DHCP, but once I enabled it, it worked. Sorry for the long post. I still need to try it with my connectair.

2. Mardler

Mardler Bit poster

Can I add a postscript to my original question? I downloaded v5608 and 15 days later received an email saying that my trial period had expired. Now when I try to start Parallels, I receive an error message saying "Parallels Desktop is unable to attach to the network adapter unknown. If this is the first time you see this message, please reboot your computer and start your virtual machine again. Otherwise please check your virtual machine's configuration and select another network adapter, or you will not be able to work with network connections inside your virtual machine." Does this mean that I downloaded the wrong version or is there now something else wrong? TIA again for your help, John

3. Mardler

Mardler Bit poster

Perhaps I should add (having read and re-read that error message) that I obtained a new internet connection hardware and software today from BT (in the UK) which seems to have subtly changed access to the internet. No idea whether this would affect Parallels but thought I should declare fully! TIA, John

4. Mardler

Mardler Bit poster

OK - panic over! I just eliminated the BT-created amendments and connected to the web in the normal way. Not a problem running Parallels. Sorry if I've wasted your time, John, but at least it's here for other Brits who may experience the same thing with our <sarcasm>most-beloved</sarcasm> of ISPs!