No internet connection in XP through airport

SipkeHoutepen

Bit poster
It once worked very well, but not anymore. I was able to establish an internet connection through airport on my MBP, switch to Parallels and access the internet in windows XP. However, lately it fails every time. I can still access the internet through Safari, but I need to access it through Windows XP in order to use a Citrix terminal session at the office.

Whenever I am at the office or at home where I have a network cable, I can always access the internet through XP, but then I'm not using the airport access.

The jpg shows my settings. No matter which setting I try, I cannot access the internet. Any ideas?

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Parallels network settings.jpg
    Parallels network settings.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 10
Picture shows Bridged Ethernet, but it means IP setting should much the LAN to where you connected (and they added by DHCP or manually),, but I suppose you are changing location, and if IP was assigned by DHCP, it is not still expired
if above is true - solution in your case:
1. Set network to Shared Networking
2. in Windows Start -run-cmd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
(this only once)
 
Picture shows Bridged Ethernet, but it means IP setting should much the LAN to where you connected (and they added by DHCP or manually),, but I suppose you are changing location, and if IP was assigned by DHCP, it is not still expired
if above is true - solution in your case:
1. Set network to Shared Networking
2. in Windows Start -run-cmd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
(this only once)

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply! I haven't been able to respond sooner than this, sorry for that. Now the config:
For some reason I cannot set the VM network to "shared networking" (it's grayed out). I started Parallels without loading the VM, so it wasn't locked or anything.
The strange this is that I actually *was* able to connect the VM XP IExplorer to the internet a while ago, using my current settings. When I look at the description for "Bridged Ethernet" it says it should work with Airport connections. So I'm puzzled. Can anyone help out?
 
When lease expired you get new address from from AirPort extreme or browser, so it was get correct IP.
if you are connecting by Airport, the both setting should work
Default Adapter means - any which is connected to Internet

As for Shared Network, I suppose you either created new location , or deleted Parallels Nat adapter, Parallels Desktop reinstallation will resolve this problem
 
Back
Top