No network adapter in Windows 7 (parallels 7)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by _samuel_, Sep 17, 2012.

1. _samuel_

_samuel_ Bit poster

I have been using parallels to work on my boot camp installation of windows 7 for months without any glitch, but I don't have access to the network anymore.

In fact, the problem is that I don't have a network adapter anymore in the device manager. When I boot directly under bootcamp, everything works fine.

I have reinstalled parallels tools
    I have checked that the network sharing is enabled (Network1 is connected in shared network, as it has always been)
    I have check under device manager for a malfunctioning parallels network adapter (per http://kb.parallels.com/8865), but no relevant devices appear here(*). I have tried scan for new hardware, without success

(*)This problem has appeared following the installation of National instruments Vision. This installation has added a new network driver listed in the device manager as National Instruments GigE Vision Adapter. Thinking that this might be the cause of the issue, I disabled it, but still no luck to have a LAN network adapter listed in device manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. _samuel_

_samuel_ Bit poster

NI GigE driver

Update:
    As I don't have any GigE vision camera, I removed this component from my installation of NI vision, and magically, the parallels network adapter appears again, and everything is fine.

However, would I want to use this component of NI vision, then I couldn't access the network when using windows from parallels, so it seems to me that there is some kind of bug/limitation/incompatibility in the parallels software here...

3. MateusP

MateusP Bit poster

Hey, Samuel!
    I'm facing the same problem over here!
    How did you manage to remove this GigE?

Cheers!

4. Jim Kring

Jim Kring Bit poster

I was able to resolve this issue by uninstalling the NI GigE Driver (from within the Windows Device Manager) and choosing the "Delete Driver" checkbox right before confirming the uninstall. Then search for hardware and it will discover the device and use the default (Intel) driver for the device.

Xander1 likes this.
  5. Tasuraji

Tasuraji Bit poster

Just wanted to post that for me, uninstalling did initially not work. The process would just go on forever. To uninstall, I had to first disable the device. Then, it worked in a few seconds, as Jim Kring poste :)

6. MikkoM1

MikkoM1 Bit poster

Hi !
    Seems this problem still persists, I installed NI Labview and must have included this Ethernet driver as on next boot Win10 network stopped working.
    I spent quite a lot of time figuring this out before connecting the dots and uninstalling this Ethernet driver...
    So the problem is still there !

7. Famin

Famin Bit poster

Hi,
    Got the problem as well.
    Sadly. They haven't fixed it yet.
    Best