I installed Parallels and Windows 7, 64 bit on an Intel based iMac a couple of days ago. Also IE9, I believe. Everything worked OK including connecting to the internet by ethernet to my router. I then downloaded Google Chrome. Since it was a long download I went to bed. When I tried to connect to the internet the next morning I got the message through Chrome "Unable to connect to the Internet". However I am still able to connect on the Mac side using any browser I choose.
I then tried to make a new connection on the Windows side and trouble shot by Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Troubleshoot Problems>Internet Connections. Neither helped. When I go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Connect to the Internet I get "Windows did not detect any networking hardware". Troubleshooting I get "Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter."
Why is this happening and what do I need to do? How's does Parallels interface with the Mac hardware in this circumstance. As I say my Internet connection works fine on the Mac side, I'm using it to post this question.
I then tried to make a new connection on the Windows side and trouble shot by Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Troubleshoot Problems>Internet Connections. Neither helped. When I go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Connect to the Internet I get "Windows did not detect any networking hardware". Troubleshooting I get "Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter."
Why is this happening and what do I need to do? How's does Parallels interface with the Mac hardware in this circumstance. As I say my Internet connection works fine on the Mac side, I'm using it to post this question.