No network for Ventura guest

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JulsS, Jan 11, 2023.

1. JulsS

JulsS Member

I am using Desktop 18.1.1 on a Ventura 13.1 Intel host and trying to run a Ventura 13.1 guest. I cannot get the guest VM to connect to the network because the guest VM is only getting a self-assigned IP address. The guest is configured with a shared network type and the Intel Pro/1000 interface. I've tried reinstalling Tools on the guest, reinstalling Parallels on the host, renewing the DHCP least on the guest, and changing the network adapter on the guest. On the same host, my other VMs (Monterey, Windows and Linux) connect to the network just fine.

Has anyone gotten the network to work with a similar host/guest configuration?

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

I'm not near my build, but I recall that there was a different network configuration that was needed for Ventura. There's another thread (Ventura beta era) that has the settings talked about a lot.

3. JulsS

JulsS Member

Yes! Thank you. I forgot about that issue. I was able to get networking going by switching to the Virtue network adapter. I had previously only tried the other Intel adapter. I am surprised that this bug has not been fixed yet.