No solution found for error code 15381

EmilyAyscue

Bit poster
Dear Parallels,

I bought version 9 over a year ago and am trying to install it, but keep receiving the error code 15381. I have explored the terminal app per the support page's suggestion and there is no other user ID that = 0 and also I am the primary user of the computer, not the guest. So, I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

-Emily
 
Hi Emily,
We would like to know the Mac OS X version you are using to assist you in resolving the issue.
Thanks,
Ajith M.
 
Hi @EmilyAyscue
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is not compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan. Check the system requirements of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac here
Refer this article for installing the trial version of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac which is an optimized version for Mac OS X El Capitan and let us know how it goes.
You may purchase Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Upgrade at any time during your trial period and reactivate your copy with it. Go to the Parallels Desktop menu, click on Account & License to open the activation window where you can enter your new key.
 
Hi @EmilyAyscue
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is not compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan. Check the system requirements of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac here
Refer this article for installing the trial version of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac which is an optimized version for Mac OS X El Capitan and let us know how it goes.
You may purchase Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Upgrade at any time during your trial period and reactivate your copy with it. Go to the Parallels Desktop menu, click on Account & License to open the activation window where you can enter your new key.
Hi Guna@Parallels,

Is there no discount or free upgrade to Parallels 11 since I have not used my version 9 package yet? It seems like I would lose money on the initial parallells package I purchased? I also saw this on the link for system requirements of Parallells Desktop 9 for Mac. Is it possible to download a different version of OSX so that I don't have to purchase the version 11? :
If you're using OS X Lion or later, you can setup a second copy of OS X to be used as a guest operating system alongside your main system, without having to purchase or download another copy of OS X.

 
Hi Guna@Parallels,

Is there no discount or free upgrade to Parallels 11 since I have not used my version 9 package yet? It seems like I would lose money on the initial parallells package I purchased? I also saw this on the link for system requirements of Parallells Desktop 9 for Mac. Is it possible to download a different version of OSX so that I don't have to purchase the version 11? :
If you're using OS X Lion or later, you can setup a second copy of OS X to be used as a guest operating system alongside your main system, without having to purchase or download another copy of OS X.
Hello @EmilyAyscue
We have a global Birthday promotion (25%off). Visit our online store here and purchase Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Upgrade. If you consider downgrading your Mac OS X , you may have to contact Apple support. In this article where it says "If you're using OS X Lion or later, you can setup a second copy of OS X to be used as a guest operating system alongside your main system, without having to purchase or download another copy of OS X", it actually refers the process of installing Mac OS X as a virtual machine in Parallels Desktop 9. Check this out for more information.
 
Back
Top