Nonexistent Printers

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LoyeP, Sep 8, 2011.

1. KirillBagrinovskiiy

KirillBagrinovskiiy Parallels Developers

Hi, BarryinColorado!
    Thanks for report, can you answer a few questions?

1. When you start your Virtual Machine again, can you fastly (right after Windows load) start "Devices & Printers" and look at Printers & Faxes. What you see here? All your 6 printers which become more colorful from gray? Or you see empty list, where printers appear (first printer installed - it paper, second printer installed - it apper)?

It would be very helpful if you generate problem report immediately after loading of Windows with opened window Device and Printers.

2. Can you work with your six printed, when they installed after Windows start?

3. Printers constantly stay in Devices & Printers, after were installed after Windows start?

4. Try to Stop VM (not Shut down), do you see the same reinstallation of all printers?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. KirillBagrinovskiiy

Hello, IngeborgS
    Could you please describe your problem in more detail and generate problem report?

3. BarryinColorado

BarryinColorado Junior Member

Hi Kirill
    1. When you start your Virtual Machine again, can you fastly (right after Windows load) start "Devices & Printers" and look at Printers & Faxes. What you see here? All your 6 printers which become more colorful from gray? I see all the printers as soon as I go to Device page while Win7 is loading.

It would be very helpful if you generate problem report immediately after loading of Windows with opened window Device and Printers. will do-report ID 10322692

2. Can you work with your six printed, when they installed after Windows start? I only have 1 printer connected and it works. The other printers are ones I used in the past.

3. Printers constantly stay in Devices & Printers, after were installed after Windows start? Yes

4. Try to Stop VM (not Shut down), do you see the same reinstallation of all printers? Not sure what you mean.

4. KirillBagrinovskiiy

Hi BarryinColorado
    Big thanks for report on running Virtual Machine!
    I understand answers on 2 and 3 questions.

But can't understand 1 and 4 answers

>> I see all the printers as soon as I go to Device page while Win7 is loading.
    Do I understand correctly that all six printers are always present in Devices & Printers? Are they already there, even when Windows is just only loaded? Then it turns out is not logical that Windows installs already installed printers. Maybe there is a moment when printers disappear from Devices & Printers?

>>>>Try to Stop VM (not Shut down), do you see the same reinstallation of all printers?
    >> Not sure what you mean.

You can Stop the Virtual Machine using one of the following ways (Close all the critical applications in Virtual Machine before it):

- Main Menu -> Virtual Machine -> Stop
    =OR=
    Right click on virtual machine in virtual machine list -> Stop
    =OR=
    Click on icon of Parallels in top-right corner with pressed Alt button on keyboard (if you in Crystal mode) -> Actions - >Stop

- Try Stop VM and Run it. Do you see the same reinstallation of all printers?
    - Try to Suspend running Virtual Machine and then Resume it (Suspend button located near the Stop button). Do you see the same reinstallation of all printers?
    - Generate problem report after this two experiments on running Virtual Machine.

Best Regards
    Kirill Bagrinovskiy

5. BarryinColorado

Hi Kirill
    I did 2 things:
    1. I removed 5 of the 6 printers showing up in the Mac printer system prefereces as 5 of the printers were printers not currently connected to my Mac. I only kept in the printer system preferences the one printer that I am currently using.
    2. I stopped the VM as it was loading and restarted it.
    ----

The result is the single printer that I am using shows up (in the past all 6 printers that were present in Mac system preferences showed up even though only one printer was really connected and could print) with no beeps as the VM loads.

6. KirillBagrinovskiiy

He BarryinColorado
    We always display in the guest all printers regardless of connected they to computer or not.
    That's why there are all 6 printers in guest before.

There no problem with one printer, it doesn't reinstalled on every system start. Do I understand correctly?

7. BarryinColorado

Correct, no problem when the VM starts up with just the single printer actually connected to the Mac. No beeps and it prints fine.

8. DCV82

DCV82 Bit poster

Printer Drivers loading constantly

I am having this same problem. The mac printers will load every 15 minutes or so regardless of whether I have rebooted or not. Any update on a patch for this? Thanks