Brand new user to both a Mac and Parallels, so forgive what I hope is a silly question.
I have a new Mac that I have installed both Paragon NTFS and Parallels. I would like to be able to hare my NTFS partitions (external drives, mostly) show up in my Win7 Ultimate VM as an actual hard drive, rather than a shared folder from "psf". This seems to cause issues with file indexing (I want to have several of my "libraries" such as documents on one of these partitions rather than the built in libraries within the VM). The only way I could come close is to connect them as "boot camp" partitions, but that only worked for one drive, and one of the externals has 2 partitions, and everytime I reboot it goes missing and I have to reconfigure. Also, having these "boot camp" connections seems to cause issues with suspending the VM.
Is there a simple way to have an NTFS partitions appear to the VM as a normal physical hard drive other than what I am doing?
Thanks, and again, my apologies for the very "noob" nature of this question. YEARS of Windows usage, and only just starting with the Mac & Parallels.
I have a new Mac that I have installed both Paragon NTFS and Parallels. I would like to be able to hare my NTFS partitions (external drives, mostly) show up in my Win7 Ultimate VM as an actual hard drive, rather than a shared folder from "psf". This seems to cause issues with file indexing (I want to have several of my "libraries" such as documents on one of these partitions rather than the built in libraries within the VM). The only way I could come close is to connect them as "boot camp" partitions, but that only worked for one drive, and one of the externals has 2 partitions, and everytime I reboot it goes missing and I have to reconfigure. Also, having these "boot camp" connections seems to cause issues with suspending the VM.
Is there a simple way to have an NTFS partitions appear to the VM as a normal physical hard drive other than what I am doing?
Thanks, and again, my apologies for the very "noob" nature of this question. YEARS of Windows usage, and only just starting with the Mac & Parallels.