Not able to access internet through Windows XP

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by d.rice, Mar 8, 2017.

1. d.rice

d.rice Bit poster

I was using Parallels 9 with everything working fine. One day I was not able to access the internet via Internet Explorer. Oddy, though I can access Apple.com and one other site but no others. I have run the Windows diagnostics and tried everything I have found on the Parallels forums regarding this. (Using the Mac's settings, etc.). I upgraded to version 11 (I'm on 10.9.5) a couple of days ago but still can't access the internet via Windows. Mac side works fine.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi d.rice, please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window).

d.rice likes this.
  3. Hi, please try to reinstall Parallels Tools and check the issue again.

d.rice likes this.
  4. d.rice

d.rice Bit poster

Thank you Maria, I reinstalled it several times with both 8 & 11.

5. d.rice

d.rice Bit poster

Thanks Paul, are you saying to send you the results?

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

You are welcome! We wanted you to release and renew the IP address.

7. 648GIII

648GIII Bit poster

Same question. I'm on 10.11.6 and using Parallels 11 with Windows XP. I noticed Explorer was only working on a couple of sites. I installed and uninstalled Parallels Tools with no change. I'm using shared network. I tried the cmd.exe and "ipconfig/all" (don't know if I should have a space between the g and the /) got some info, but didn't take a screen shot. Now nothing shows up with "ipconfig/all" and now Explorer/internet doesn't work at all.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can use the command "ipconfig /all" to check IP configuration on your virtual machine. Let us know the Internet Explorer version you are using and have you tried any other different browser in Windows XP then checked those sites?

9. PedroM3

PedroM3 Bit poster

the same happened to me although I had very good internet conexion. I will try ipconfig/all to see what happenes. I have Yoigo Internet connection. i will see what happens.

10. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

That'll be great. You may also try this Microsoft article to reset Internet Explorer settings. Please keep us posted on your progress.

11. AndrewW13

AndrewW13 Bit poster

Hi Swati, I have a similar problem and, alas your link to the Microsoft article is broken... can you check and report please?

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @AndrewW13, are you try to reset Internet Explorer for Windows 10? If so, please check out this link and it will help you in resetting Internet Explorer.