Not enough free disk space on your Mac. Free some disk space on your Mac and try again.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MiguelS1, Apr 9, 2016.

1. MiguelS1

MiguelS1 Bit poster

I know I have plenty of space on my hard drive, I don't know why I am getting this error. I am unable to open my vm. I have tried giving the vm more disk space and memory with no luck. What can I do? I have Parallels 11.1.3 Business Edition with Mac OS X 10.11.4

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    1. Please follow this article and give more space to your virtual machine hard disk
    2. Once you start the virtual machine, clear all the temp files on your Windows by following this Microsoft article

3. MiguelS1

MiguelS1 Bit poster

I did what you suggested but still get the error saying I don't have enough disk space. The virtual machine won't open.

4. Hi, did you try this KB? If not please try and let us know the results.

5. MiguelS1

MiguelS1 Bit poster

I checked my Mac and have about 470GB left of free space and I assigned 16GB of memory to the virtual machineno have 32GB of physical memory on my Mac.

6. RobertC9

RobertC9 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. Plenty of free space on my HD but VM (in my case Windows 7) won't boot, irrespective of the virtual HD space allocated to it. No snapshots have been taken, time machine (allegedly also a possible source of error) has been toggled off. Very frustrating...

7. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello RobertC9,
    Please follow the steps outlined at this link to map your existing virtual hard disk to an empty virtual machine & check how it goes.
    Thanks, Dhana.

8. GiordanoS

GiordanoS Member

9. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

10. GuilhermeM5

GuilhermeM5 Bit poster

Please it has been 6 years from this post and you haven't managed to fix this VMs expanding size fr no reason at all?
    We need a Real fiz no sending us for articles that doesn't help anything. Is there any solution?

Andrew64 likes this.