Not expose host automatically

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LyndonL1, Aug 31, 2023.

1. LyndonL1

LyndonL1 Bit poster

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the community and this is my first post. I have a question regarding quick VM startups on Windows.

Is it possible to initiate a quick VM startup without establishing a link between the host OS and the guest OS?

Thank you for your assistance.

MatthewR20 likes this.
  2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello LyndonL1,

To aid us in providing the best support on this issue, kindly provide a more detailed explanation as well as use cases for this.
    For example, what do you mean about establishing a link between the host OS and the guest OS.

Do you mean without starting the Parallels Desktop Application?

3. LyndonL1

LyndonL1 Bit poster

Hi Thanks for your reply Abeboye,

I'll clarify when you setup a windows 11 on parallels and do the default installation, the vm is very inter connected with the host, I don't want it to even know about ICloud, my mac files and what not. Is there a way to set up a parallels without all of this?

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 13.27.11.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 13.33.21.png

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 13.38.04.png

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 13.38.16.png

4. LyndonL1

LyndonL1 Bit poster

Anyone know how to do this?

5. DavinaM

DavinaM Junior Member

Yes, initiating a quick VM startup is possible without establishing a direct link between the host OS and the guest OS. This can be achieved by configuring the VM settings to use bridged networking or NAT mode, which allows the VM to have its network connection without directly interfacing with the host OS.