Not possible to allow installation of system extensions on high sierra

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SebastianA2, Nov 5, 2017.

1. SebastianA2

SebastianA2 Bit poster

Hi!
    I'm trying to install Paralles 13 (trial version) on a fresh installed iMac with macOS 10.13.1 (17B48) and all available updates.
    It is not possible to allow the installation of the paralles system extensions as described here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/124244
    I can click the button "allow", but nothing happen then.
    What is the problem?

2. ChristerK

ChristerK Bit poster

I have the same problems that SebastianA2.
    I also have High Sierra 10.13.1
    I try to install. (install ParallelsDesktop 13.1.1)
    Get message that I have to press Allow.
    Open Preferens. Press Allow.
    Nothing at all happens.

What to do... :-(

3. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Can you please post output of this terminal command?
    sudo kextutil /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/prl_hypervisor.kext

4. ChristerK

ChristerK Bit poster

After I run this command I only get prompted to put in password.
    Then I get the prompt back again. So there is no output of this terminal command!

5. SeanC5

SeanC5 Bit poster

I get this:
    Kext rejected due to system policy: <OSKext 0x7fd99d900180 [0x7fff98c75570]> { URL = "file:///Library/StagedExtensions/Applications/Parallels%20Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/prl_hypervisor.kext/", ID = "com.parallels.kext.hypervisor" }

Kext rejected due to system policy: <OSKext 0x7fd99d900180 [0x7fff98c75570]> { URL = "file:///Library/StagedExtensions/Applications/Parallels%20Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/prl_hypervisor.kext/", ID = "com.parallels.kext.hypervisor" }

Diagnostics for /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Library/Extensions/10.9/prl_hypervisor.kext:​
    Seems like Parallels hasn't updated its Kext file.

6. SeanC5

SeanC5 Bit poster

I was able to fix it using the guidance in your TeamID knowledgebase article by restarting in Recovery Mode and then opening Terminal and run
    spctl kext-consent add 4C6364ACXT
    After restart all was as it should be. You might want to fix this for other users though.