'Not Responding ' in Win - Mac OK

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ski52, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Ski52

Ski52 Junior Member

Just started ~2 weeks ago. Almost everything I do in Win7 takes 20 - 30 seconds to respond. If I aggravate it enough with the mouse button, it will say 'Not Res...'. Eventually it works and all is OK until I go to the Desktop to do something else. I have no energy saving things enabled - never turn off the drive - never turn off the monitor. I've had this config for ~18 months, first problem.

IMac 27" 3.2GHz Late 2013 - OS 10.10.3 - Win 7 - Parallels 10

TIA
    Ski

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

3. Ski52

Ski52 Junior Member

Hi Ram... Sorry it took so long to reply. I have done as you asked. I even went as far as deleting Avast. they seem to have gotten real invasive lately. Nothing has changed. I think maybe I should try to reinstall Win 7. This may have started after a M$ upgrade. Other suggestions before I try that?

Thanx for your help
    Ski

(does RAM have anything to do with your vehicle?)

4. Ski52

Ski52 Junior Member

I just completed running a program called Tweaking (dot) com - Windows Repair that may have taken care of whatever problem I had. I came to Parallels cuz the Mac didn't have any problems, just the Win side. I had a rather nasty adware malware a short while ago, and the repairs included a multitude of programs. Evidently a Win file was obliterated at the time. The above program may have restored it.

I'll let it run for a few and see.....

Thanx again
    Ski

5. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

You're welcome, Ski! Feel free to reach out anytime, we're here to help you.