Num Lock not retained in Parallels 10 with Windows 8.1 Guest

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Doug Kolb, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Doug Kolb

Doug Kolb Bit poster

Since I installed Parallels 10 Num Lock is not retained between launches or even when switching between apps (Windows app or Mac OS apps). Double bad is that when I hit Num Lock (Clear on my Mac keyboard) it doesn't take on the first keystroke following the Num Lock press. I love the speed of the new release, but this problem wastes so much of my time due to errors when entering data or code that I am seriously tempted to switch back to 9.

2. FernandoMG

FernandoMG Bit poster

Same problem here.

I'm using mac wired keyboard

I'm having also a weird problem, I use KeePassX to manage credentials, since I upgraded to parallels 10 the copy from that particular program results in a empty clipboard in windows, all the other mac programs copy/paste normally.

UPDATE: Just installed version 10.0.1 (direct download from parallels site) and the KeePassX problem disappeared.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. Digdug

Digdug Junior Member

I am having the same problem. It is highly annoying and have entered a bug in their system. The update did not help.

4. David_Saraby

David_Saraby Bit poster

I had the same problem and downgraded to version 9 as it was unbearable. However, it showed that the upgrade to 10 has disabled the use file links in Windows 7 Application!! Darn me for buying into Parallel's promises.
    The support used to be good and cover the warranty time but not any longer. You have to buy it now.
    Another marvellous software company down the drain of Microsoft way of supporting customers!!