Office 2010

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Trumpeter, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Trumpeter

Trumpeter Bit poster

I am having trouble installing Office 2010 to Parallels Desktop7. Having searched the forum I see others are having similar problems but none seem to be the same as mine and the solutions offered don't work for me.

When I run Parallels and insert my Office DVD the following message pops up:
    "A required D:\x86\SingleImage.WW\OSETUP.DLL cannot be loaded. this may indicate that the file is missing or damaged."

For clarity the D: drive refers to my DVD drive. I know there isn't a problem with the disk as I have previously installed it on my PC successfully. I should also point out that I am very new to Macs and Parallels so if anyone can help, basic instructions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Trumpeter

Trumpeter Bit poster

I should also probably mention that I am using Windows XP but I have also installed this to my PC previously without conflict with Office.

3. Xyrnus

Xyrnus Bit poster

Did you every get this resolved, Trumpeter? I am having problems installing Office 2010 installed in my Windows 7 VM and could sure use some help. When I attempt an install from the Office DVD, autoinstall doesn't work and when I try installing using setup.exe I get an error message saying that "setup.exe is not a valid win32 application".

4. Trumpeter

Trumpeter Bit poster

Sorry Xyrnus, I can't help. I tried everything I could think of without success. I know my disk works fine on a PC running XP but it refuses to load using Parallels. I had to admit defeat in the end and buy Office for Mac!

5. Xyrnus

Xyrnus Bit poster

The problem there of course is that the main reason I bought Parallels was to Office for Windows, which includes Access and Publisher.