1. MarieMacG

MarieMacG Bit poster

Ok, apologies if this is already listed someplace else. I have searched for hours and can't locate any help. So...

Will Parallels operate with an office 365 subscription? I already have office 365 for Mac (downloaded - no disk or usb) and want to install Parallels to use the programs as per Windows.

I have searched for .dmg file & .iso files in spotlight but come up with nothing to drag into the Parallels Installer Wizard.

Does anyone have an idea what I should so to get this up an running?

Many thanks - your great wisdom is appreciated!

marie

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi MarieMacG,

Windows OS should be installed first in Parallels Desktop in order to install Microsoft Office 365.
    The installation file for Mac version Microsoft Office 365 cannot be used in Windows OS as the .dmg images run on Mac OS only.

The Windows version of Application has .exe or .msi extension.

Follow the steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/4729 to install Windows OS in Parallels Desktop.

Thanks,
    Abdul

3. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I'm using the latest Parallels Desktop and Windows 7 Professional. Now, maybe I need to verify or activate Win7Pro (that could be the issue) - but, I've recently bought a subscription for Office 365 and have found that each and every time I open any Office 365 application I MUST answer file association questions AND supply an email and password EVERY time I open ANY of the Microsoft Office tools (such as Word, Excel, Power Point and so on). Even after jumping through hoops to get one MSO application running - if I decide to open another application (so for example, let's say I open Word and then Excel) then I have to supply file associations and then email + passwords all over again. So, this is absolutely not acceptable. I don't know if this is a Microsoft problem or a Parallels problem or a little of both.

About the Parallels install - it's just the standard install and has an internet connection (you'd need one to install Office 365).

I knew I wouldn't like any sort of "subscription" service. Too many time-wasting strings attached.

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Please isolate Windows virtual machine by following steps in this article then check the Office 365 issue.