official IE 9 on Win 7 shows no pics

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Schilde, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Schilde

Schilde Bit poster

Hey all,

I´ve seen this problem - sort of - covered elsewhere, only the solution does not work for me.

When firing up IE 9, it does not display graphics - some selected pictures show up, like, sometimes pictures in sliders. Everything else is displayed as coloured box.

Friend of mine suggested it might have to do with poor hardware support...? Meaning: IE 9 expects the graphics to be supported by the hardware, only it doesn´t know it´s not. My hardware should be quite capable (Mac Pro QuadCore Intel-Xeon, Mac OSX 10.5.8).

Well, the solution for everybody else (while IE 9 was Beta), was to check "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering".

My check box is checked, I cannot uncheck it, and still the pictures won´t show up. And afaik IE 9 has been released officially, has it?

How to handle this?

2. No pictures

Any ideal on what type of pictures? Some sort of Java script problem or Flash? Have you tried to update Java and Flash? I found a issue with IE9 that it did not load MSN home page at all? I ended up uninstalling the IE 9 update and went back to IE 8 for now. Considering the differences that IE 9 uses for rendering over IE 8 and previous. I am guessing their could be some problems with IE 9 not working with Parallels correctly. Since I have read some older posts from those using the IE9 beta with similar issues. Another thought would be to download Chrome or Firefox to see if they have any issues?

3. Tom Collignon

Tom Collignon Member

4. Schilde

Schilde Bit poster

Tom, thank you!

That solved it. Pitty, PD´s support was not able to help me with this.

5. Schilde

Schilde Bit poster

Hey Johnny,
    I cannot say exactly, but *plain* graphics would not be displayed. Some graphics appeared - like graphics in sliders.
    Problem has finally been solved by the thread linked below.