One time purchase, which upgrades for free?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AndreaG11, Oct 18, 2020.

1. AndreaG11

AndreaG11 Bit poster

Hi,
    I just use one Win10 VM to run MP3tag on my Late 2014 i5.
    Previously I used VirtualBox for a while, it was good but it stopped working on Big Sur so I started searching for alternatives.
    The first one working on Big Sur was PD16, so I tried it and I found that VB was slow and I literally fall in love with Coherence. After trial period ended I found that license is a bit expensive to run just a VM. I tried "unofficial" DMG and got the Big Sur network issues and I don't feel good with cracked software.
    I tried Fusion Free, but I found it is slower than PD and had a problem with sound card on guest OS and graphical issues in Unity mode.

So, there will be a "light" version of PD to run just a few VMs?
    What does it mean that 1-time license is "Not eligible for free upgrades"? I can download fixes for PD16 but have to pay for PD17, is it right?

Thanks.

PS: Does somebody have a 50% off coupon for PD16? :D

2. Hello, please check this KB article for more information about 1-time purchase and subscription.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. AndreaG11

AndreaG11 Bit poster

Thank you Maria,
    KB article was clear and now I know what I should do but, have you ever thought to a "light" version?
    A full featured PD but with a limited number of running VMs?

Thanks.

4. Thank you for your reply.
    If you would like to you can share any of your suggestions here. We will be glad to get detailed description from you.