OneNote 2013 on a Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TungaK, Feb 4, 2013.

1. TungaK

TungaK Bit poster

Hello,

I am a new Mac user and so far it is being great. Unfortunately I have to use parallels :) because I need to use OneNote from the Microsoft Office 2013 package. I am looking forward to the new office for Mac so that I can finally get rid off Microsoft Windows. Anyways after this lengthy introduction I would like to ask a question.

My question is the following. I use coherence view and use OneNote 2013 on my macbook pro retina. One problem I encounter is that when I start typing in OneNote, the mouse cursor disappears, and that is fine, but when I take control of my mouse again the mouse cursor does not reappear (the mouse itself works but the cursor does not show up) unless I get the cursor out of the OneNote window frame all the way to the left where my Mac dock lies and then back again into the OneNote window frame. This is quite annoying because every time I type something in OneNote, I need to move my mouse to the left and then back to the right to make the cursor reappear. The thing is that this does not happen with for example Microsoft Notepad or while writing an e-mail in Outlook 2013.

I would really appreciate any help.

2. KristinK

KristinK Bit poster

Same issue- I used to be able to click on the toolbar at the top, usually by activating a bullet point list, and the cursor would come back. That stopped working though :(

3. ral2108

ral2108 Bit poster

Same issue. Parallels 8, OneNote 2013, coherence: cursor disappears when typing and does not come back until I bring another program into focus.