With the 2.2 Beta I'm unable to sucessfully install either SuSE 10.1 or FC5. I am, however, able to install FC4 without encountering any errors.
When installing SuSE 10.1 I get an error during the point of the installation where I'm supposed to pick the proper software packages. In fact, this is the same error I received when using the 2.1 release. SuSE seems to complain that the DVD image has an error. It reads something like:
No catalog found at 'dvd:///?devices%3d%2fdev%2fhdb
I've read in other posts that using the CD images seems to work (at least with Parallels 2.1), so I will try that next. In any case, this seems to be an issue.
I also tried to install FC5 and got to the point where the drives start to partition and the software get installed, but hit an exception. I did not dig into this issue as I gave up and installed FC4 instead. I also used the DVD image for the install.
My install for both SuSE and FC5 is setup to allocate 200MB of RAM and 10GB of disc space.
When installing SuSE 10.1 I get an error during the point of the installation where I'm supposed to pick the proper software packages. In fact, this is the same error I received when using the 2.1 release. SuSE seems to complain that the DVD image has an error. It reads something like:
No catalog found at 'dvd:///?devices%3d%2fdev%2fhdb
I've read in other posts that using the CD images seems to work (at least with Parallels 2.1), so I will try that next. In any case, this seems to be an issue.
I also tried to install FC5 and got to the point where the drives start to partition and the software get installed, but hit an exception. I did not dig into this issue as I gave up and installed FC4 instead. I also used the DVD image for the install.
My install for both SuSE and FC5 is setup to allocate 200MB of RAM and 10GB of disc space.