Open Windows MS Project from Mac Browser

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RyanB12, Apr 1, 2021.

1. RyanB12

RyanB12 Bit poster

All,
    I'm using either Brave or Chrome browser on the Mac OS side. From there, I'm trying to access a Sharepoint site and I have all of the standard MS apps (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) installed on the Mac OS except for Project. Project is installed on Windows 10 within Parallels 16. I'd like to be able to say open with App directly from the Sharepoint site and it opens Parallels and starts MS Project and allows me to save back to Sharepoint etc. Does anyone have experience getting this type of process to work?

Thanks

2. Hello, did you try to set Project as a default app to open your files?

3. RyanB12

RyanB12 Bit poster

Hello, yes I did this and it shows the Parallels icon etc on the file but nothing happens and it doesn't open in Parallels when I say open in Project from the Mac OS Sharepoint side.

Also, if I try and open it from within Parallels I get an error message from MS Project saying "We're sorry. There seems to be a problem with this file that keeps us from opening it. Please use a backup copy if available."

4. DriesD2

DriesD2 Bit poster

When trying to open a file with MS Project installed on the latest Parallels Win10 on M1 Mac Mini the file is not recognized "Project cannot open the file" and then it opens up a window in the browser on https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/

I can create a new project but cannot save the file either...

Attached Files:

5. RyanB12

RyanB12 Bit poster

Anyone have an update on this? I'm still receiving this error message.