OpenGL 3.2+ Support

Discussion in 'Linux Guest OS Discussion' started by ThomasP3, Mar 12, 2016.

1. AdalbertoR

AdalbertoR Bit Poster

Today is February 13, 2018.
    Parallels Team, is there an update on this Open GL issue? I am facing the same issues as the users on this forum. Any progress or word of advice? Anticipated thanks for your help on this matter.

Regards,
    A. Rosario

2. MichaelR14

MichaelR14 Bit Poster

Advice: Purchase Fusion 10, which will cost as much as a Parallels update, install Fusion 10, backup your Parallels PVM file, open fusion, load pvm file. Problem solved.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  3. AdalbertoR

AdalbertoR Bit Poster

MichaelR14,

Thanks for the advice. I wish it didn't have to involve an additional investment. However, given the circumstances, seems like the only choice. How long have you been using Fusion? How does it compare to Parallels besides the Open GL issue?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

4. MichaelR14

MichaelR14 Bit Poster

I have installed and seen Fusion back in 2013/2014. Key, as with Parallels, is to correctly configure your settings! The new Fusion 10 allows direct import of PVM, this is much easier than previous versions. I found Fusion quite stable and without issue. What I do not know how well it works with folders kept on the Mac "partition". I also like the remote login for parallels, but that is increasingly a separate product.