Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
VMware Fusion supports OpenGL 4.3 and offers 40% off to crossgrade from Parallels Desktop.It's been long enough. Open GL4.1 support is mandatory. This is even more critical as there is no other way to run Windows 11 apps on M1 systems except Parallels. I used to be able to use bootcamp but not know. I use professional grade 3D applications that need a minimum of 4.1. When will we see this?
Thanks
Hey @StephenP21, what's the software name(s)?It's been long enough. Open GL4.1 support is mandatory. This is even more critical as there is no other way to run Windows 11 apps on M1 systems except Parallels. I used to be able to use bootcamp but not know. I use professional grade 3D applications that need a minimum of 4.1. When will we see this?
Thanks
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.
We've clarified the information with the Development Team, and we'd like to confirm that indeed currently Parallels Desktop only support up to OpenGL 3.3 in Windows virtual machines. Our Development Team is working on implementing support for higher versions. At the same time, it is important to note that in macOS itself, the support is limited to up to OpenGL 4.1. Therefore, it isn't likely that support for higher versions of OpenGL in virtual machines running on macOS will be implemented in the foreseeable future.
Hey @JariV2, the next time you open Parallels Desktop, it is supposed to offer you to send a technical report - have you seen such an offer? Would you please send us a report and reply with the report ID? Also, you say "after loading v19", does it mean that you have used a previous version successfully?After loading parallels 19 my Parallels will crash when I try to open Wysiwyg files. Any help?