M mrgstiffler Bit poster Jan 30, 2013 #1 Is it possible to connect directly to an optical drive instead of going through the virtual driver? I need to update the firmware on a drive and don't want to install Windows.
Is it possible to connect directly to an optical drive instead of going through the virtual driver? I need to update the firmware on a drive and don't want to install Windows.
D danieltharris Member Jan 31, 2013 #2 I believe it is only possible with an external drive, for example a USB DVD Drive. I'm assuming the drive is external, otherwise if it was the built in drive on your mac you would be able to update the firmware via your mac?
I believe it is only possible with an external drive, for example a USB DVD Drive. I'm assuming the drive is external, otherwise if it was the built in drive on your mac you would be able to update the firmware via your mac?