With Parallels Desktop v9.0 and its default configurations:
So everything has been installed and running smoothly for both XP and my regular OSX, without having run any programs in XP besides Firefox however. The first thing I noticed was 100% CPU usage in Task Manager in XP (same for Activity Monitor in MBP). Also, the CPU temperature reached 82ºC (180ºF) which I believe can be dangerous if kept at this for an extended time, although the laptop itself doesn't feel hot nor is the fan running wild. Finally, the amount of free memory for my laptop dropped to about 250 MB.
I plan to use the Windows XP only for certain programs that can't run on a Mac, nothing too big. Is my current setup enough or even safe for my laptop? Are there settings I can adjust (such as giving 2 GB ram to XP)? As of now, I'm not planning on buying more RAM, I'm more worried about not overloading my laptop to the point of damaging it.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions!
- Mid-2009 13" Macbook Pro
- OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks)
- 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 8 GB RAM (7 GB dedicated)
- 160 GB Hard Drive with 100 GB currently free
- Windows XP Home SP3
- 1 CPU dedicated
- 1 GB RAM dedicated
- About 60 GB Memory
So everything has been installed and running smoothly for both XP and my regular OSX, without having run any programs in XP besides Firefox however. The first thing I noticed was 100% CPU usage in Task Manager in XP (same for Activity Monitor in MBP). Also, the CPU temperature reached 82ºC (180ºF) which I believe can be dangerous if kept at this for an extended time, although the laptop itself doesn't feel hot nor is the fan running wild. Finally, the amount of free memory for my laptop dropped to about 250 MB.
I plan to use the Windows XP only for certain programs that can't run on a Mac, nothing too big. Is my current setup enough or even safe for my laptop? Are there settings I can adjust (such as giving 2 GB ram to XP)? As of now, I'm not planning on buying more RAM, I'm more worried about not overloading my laptop to the point of damaging it.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions!