Oracle Linux

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by KeithC2, Mar 7, 2018.

1. KeithC2

KeithC2 Bit poster

Any hope for support of Oracle Linux 7.4 as guest? It's based on RedHat but it won't install on Mac 13

2. Damian7

Damian7 Bit poster

The same question. I installed Oracle Linux as the Other guest OS, but I have problems with SCSI disks because Paralles emulates SCSI storage controller: BusLogic to the quest instead of LSI Logic which is supported by the Oracle Linux kernel drivers. This problem does not occur in CentOS which is basically from the same image as RHEL/Oracle Linux. If there is no chances for Oracle Linux in near future, there is at least a way to force Parallels to expose LSI Logic controller instead of BusLogic?

3. mmika

mmika Pro

Damian7, which version of Parallels do you use? LSI SCSI is set by default in parallels desktop for ages.
    Also do not set Other Linux type, try CentOS or Ubuntu instead.

4. Damian7

Damian7 Bit poster

I need Oracle Linux. It's basically a rebranded RHEL/CentOS. I installed it using installation from image and actually everything works except SCSI disks.
    When I added SCSI disk, the virtual machine does not see it and when I list SCSI interfaces I got this:
    lspci | grep SCSI
    00:0f.0 SCSI storage controller: BusLogic BT-946C (BA80C30) [MultiMaster 10]

5. mmika

mmika Pro

Damian7, please submit technical data to parallels (aka report a problem menu) and share its ID here.

6. Damian7

Damian7 Bit poster

Why do you need this ID, do you have access to these reports?