OSX 10.11 (El Capitan ) VM in PD 10

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by NeeravU, Jul 13, 2015.

1. NeeravU

NeeravU Bit poster

2. ScottT3

ScottT3 Bit poster

I'm seeing the same thing. it seems that it doesn't see the DMG as bootable?

3. ChrisD3

ChrisD3 Bit poster

I just followed all of the steps in that article exactly and it works just fine for me. Maybe you missed a step or typed one of the commands incorrectly in Terminal? Also, make sure to follow the step of turning USB 3.0 OFF in the VM before booting into the install or you get a kernel panic.

4. Helge Becker

Helge Becker Bit poster

No problems with Fusion. Time to say goodbye.

5. ReneB2

ReneB2 Bit poster

I had no problems installing did it this way:

1. Installed Yosemite 10.10.4
    2. Installed the Parallels Tools
    3. Did some std configs
    4. Downloaded OS X El Capitan from App Store
    5. Run the Installer and done!

6. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Junior Member

Hi there. Not sure if you or anyone else can help me. Not very versed in terminal or most of the higher level Mac stuff but I'm trying to get through this walkthrough. After the command "iesd -i /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ 10.11\ Developer\ Beta.app -o ElCapitan-base.dmg -t BaseSystem" it just tells me the file doesn't exist. Now I know using the Public beta but i thought if i changed the file name that wouldn't matter. I'm thinking I don't really know how to properly do that in this string. My file is called "
    Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta" in the applications folder. Help would be appreciate but I get this is just an annoying newb question so... thanks.

7. Guy2

Guy2 Junior Member

What's the point of running Yosemite or El Capitan as VM if you can't use 3D acceleration for e.g. maps?

8. 1278234748

1278234748 Bit poster

I experienced the same problem and I solved it by changing the "10.11" to "El\ Capitan" and "Developer" to "Public". However, the next step which inputs "
    hdiutil convert ElCapitan-base.dmg -format UDSP -o ElCapitan.sparseimage" failed on my Mac.

9. MikeS3

MikeS3 Bit poster

Save yourself a huge amount of time and trouble and do what I did:

Simply create a 10.9 (NOT 10.10) VM then upgrade that to 10.11.

No EFI Shell errors, no crazy terminal commands to follow, no disk verification failures. It just works!

10. FuzzyReets

FuzzyReets Junior Member

That's awesome. I will try that. Thanks!