OSX 10.8, help upgrading Parallels Desktop 9 to 11.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by kraves, Jun 29, 2016.

1. kraves

kraves Bit poster

Ok so after heeding the numerous warnings to upgrade Parallels 9 to 11 before upgrading the OS or client OS,
    I find that the 11 installer won't run on 10.8. I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer:
    So what's the upgrade path recommended in this situation or have I just wasted a purchase without enough information given in the marketing email or upgrade webpage?

Cheers.

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi kraves, Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is supported on Mac OS X 10.9.5 and above. Find the system requirements for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac here.

3. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

To have Parallels Desktop 11 (upgrade) for Mac installed and activated, upgrade Mac OS X to the latest version.

4. kraves

kraves Bit poster

But that goes exactly against the large warning on screen at startup. Do not upgrade OSX before upgrading Parallels.
    Perhaps there needs to be an intermediate step for parallels or OSX.

Attached Files:

5. kraves

kraves Bit poster

bump...

6. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

kraves likes this.
  7. kraves

kraves Bit poster

Thanks for the advice Guna. I will give this a go when I have the time to risk a full upgrade..

8. Sounds great! Please write us back if you have any trouble and we will be happy to help!