Outlook 2010 Just Died This Morning - Cannot Access PST files

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by pnkearns, Mar 4, 2016.

1. pnkearns

pnkearns Junior Member

I'm running Parallels 11 (Build 32521) with Windows 10. I had Outlook 2010 running overnight and finished my emails, got out and then tried to get back in. I got the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and receive message cannot be found. Check your settings in the Microsoft profile.... instructions on checking..."

The PST files are still there. This looks like a repeat of the Parallels putting the Outlook files into the Mac Document directory and then not mapping the Outlook PST files back to Windows for Outlook 2010. If this is a continuing problem Parallels, then move the Outlook files to the blasted C: drive. I now can't access my email and, of course, there are critical items than need to be sent/received today. The last time this happened, I lost 2 weeks of emails.

Now I get to see if I remember how to get onto the web mail interface.

Any solutions would be gratefully appreciated.

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

3. pnkearns

pnkearns Junior Member

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for the advice.

The problem has been solved. Parallels Support called and we did a 2 hour online session to fix this back in March.
    We ended up repairing the PST files.

4. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello pnkearns,
    Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved ! Feel free to reach us anytime, we are here to help.
    Thanks, Dhana.

5. MickS

MickS Bit poster

ty this pst recovery tool, i have used this tool, while am not able to assess my outlook pst file :- Google it for "softaken pst repair"