Outlook 2013 Lag

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MacHattan, Feb 6, 2015.

1. MacHattan

MacHattan Member

What's up Group!
    We've just recently moved to Office 2013 (O365) and our Parallels folks running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit with 4 gb of memory allocated to the VM are experiencing a noticeable lag when using the new Outlook 2013 in cloud. We were previously on 2010 using Exchange which also had a bit of a lag to it, but not as bad as this. And it's not with just one user. We have multiple instances of Mac users running Parallels throughout our enterprise. And they are ALL complaining! Not sure what else to do since we've tried every combination of setup and configuration for both Parallels and the Win environment. And all the suggested Outlook 2013 settings. Hoping someone has some thoughts or take on this. Thanks a bunch!

2. MacHattan

MacHattan Member

Hi, I posted this back in February and never got a response. Hoping someone can help. We are crippled with O365 cloud in Parallels and it's not going well. Outlook especially. We even moved to the new iMac 5k config with the Fusion drive technology (SSD/SATA) and still, no difference.

3. ghtop

ghtop Member

Did you try turning off hardware acceleration in Outlook/Office 2013? I got better performance also when I disabled smooth mouse scrolling and lowered the scrolling increment to 1 or 2. Also disable subpixel positioning/font smoothing across the board.

There's also a registry tweak to disable all the annoying animations in Office 2013 (see Google).

Finally, for laptops Outlook is so much snappier and more stable when Cached Exchange Mode is disabled, but of course then you need a network connection to use it at all.

Finally, finally ... the Outlook 2016 preview runs so much better than 2013, and looks nicer, so it's worth giving that a shot.