Outlook 503 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidafields

Bit poster
I've just set up XP SP3 in Parallels on my iMac so that I can run Outlook, which I use on my other office machines. All the accounts are IMAP accounts and all the settings match those on other office machines which work fine...

...but I can not send email from outlook. I can receive email no problem, but any time I try to send an email I instantly (I do mean instantly) get this error: "503 Valid RCPT command must precede DATA"

"My SMPT server requires authentication" is checked.

This makes me want to toss the Mac out the window!
 
Problem solved

Uninstalling Microsoft Office completely then reinstalling it seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure what I did the first time to screw it up... so I hope I don't repeat it!

Thanks for your help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top