Outlook & CAD Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidJ5, May 3, 2018.

1. DavidJ5

DavidJ5 Junior Member

Never had many problems with Parallels for the past 3-4 years or so until about 6 months ago when things started to get weird. Using latest Parallels with Windows 10 or 8. Two main problems-
    1. Sometimes Microsoft Outlook will begin spawning separate open versions every time the icon is clicked on in the Task Bar and it then becomes unusable and has to be shut down for awhile before it behaves again. Trying to insert pictures will set it off for sure.
    2. I use a CAD progarm called Altium. About 6 months ago it started to become more difficult to use because of numerous freezes. Since the program is written for Windows the company is not too keen on troubleshooting Parallels installations. Parallels users have numerous odd problems, enough to consider moving away from Parallels.
    My laptop with W8 seems to work better than the more capable desktop with W10.
    Please don't suggest numerous variations of re-installs, etc. I've already spent enough time mucking with Parallels. Just fix it!