Outlook Synchronization Incredibly Slow or Fails Altogether

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rexie, Feb 14, 2022.

1. rexie

rexie Junior Member

Well, the title says it all.
    When I press the send/receive button for my emails accounts, the progress box appears, shows the tasks that are running and ends up with an error stating that the synchronization cannot be completed (the error detail usually states that the server cannot be found).
    However, when I check my emails in Apple Mail on the Mac, everything has been updated - so there seems to be some problem with the internet connection via the VM.
    How can this be fixed?
    Thanks
    Rex

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello Rexie, please provide us with the error message you are getting, Please refer to the knowledge base article https://kb.parallels.com/123193 to fix the outlook issue. Thanks.

3. rexie

rexie Junior Member

Hello GampaA. I am now getting the error that the server connection has been interrupted (see screenshot). It used to be the error that the 'server could not be found'. I checked the knowledge base article - it refers to Outlook 2013. Is it still relevant for me as I'm using Outlook 2016 with Office 365? If yes, i will execute the instructions.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

4. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello Rexie, Please follow the steps mentioned below to fix the error for outlook.
    1. Check Your Internet Connection.
    2. Switch Off Anti-virus Software.
    3. Switch Off the Windows Firewall.
    4. Increase the Server Timeouts Setting in Outlook.
    5. Run Outlook in Safe Mode.
    6. Repair Outlook PST Files.

5. rexie

rexie Junior Member

What do I need to check about my internet connection - that it's on, speed, something else?
    Isn't it risky to turn off my anti-virus and firewall? I thought that the purpose of these was to provide a secure internet environment - web browsing, email etc?
    I have increased the timeouts for the Outlook server => no change in performance.
    What is the purpose of running Outlook in safe mode?
    I have not tried repairing the Outlook PST files yet.

6. rexie

rexie Junior Member

Solved this myself by luck. Upgraded my internet connection from landline to 4G; Outlook works fine now so must have been the slow speed that caused an issue. I hope this helps someone ele.

7. JamesK4

JamesK4 Bit poster

I have very fast internet but I have the same problem. Not so much on the receiving but the sending is crazy. Whether I use my 4G phone or the home wifi (both have upload speeds at 30-50 Mbps and download at around 40-50 Mbps) the sending of e.g. 4 emails of 2KB each can take 3 minutes.

8. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello Rexie!

In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.

Thank you!

9. jamiekaler

jamiekaler Bit poster