Overwatch Severe FPS Stuttering under Catalina/Parallels 15 with eGPU

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ParallelsU312, Sep 26, 2019.

1. techlife

techlife Bit poster

Bump, and same issue. Tech Case ID #343475217.
    2017 MBP Escape, RX580 eGPU, runs Overwatch ok during single player modes (training, tutorial, etc) but as soon as you add outside players (training or quick play) the game is unplayable. It feels like the increased network activity causes the eGPU to lock up for a few seconds. Either that or the disk I/O gets throttled.

2. GabrielB6

GabrielB6 Bit poster

I had the same issue on my Mid 2013 MBP. I found a quick fix, which is temporary. Go to Control Center -> Configure -> Hardware -> Graphics -> Advanced settings and disable vsync. I know it's not optimal but it increased my fps and stopped the bump issue.

3. StephenB20

StephenB20 Bit poster

I am having a similar issue but playing a much older and less demanding title - Skyrim. I played this through an older version of Parallels on an older MacBook Pro with no problems at all, even on higher graphics settings. Now when I play it judders frequently and is pretty much unplayable. I am now using the latest version of Parallels on a 2019 MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB with 8GB RAM allocated to the VM, so I cannot understand why it doesn't perform as well as my old machine and old version of Parallels. I submitted the technical data: 350970123.

4. EthanC6

EthanC6 Bit poster

Yet another bump...a year and a half later?
    How is it that the @Parallels Team has not released some sort of solution for a problem that seems to be easily replicated by several users? Is it an easy fix? Is there a magic combination that we just need to know? No way to tell.

It's definitely a parallels problem, I have a brand new RX 580, 2018 15" mbp, gaming settings, all permutations of graphics tweaking, nothing else running, etc. ideal conditions--also unplayable.

I mean this is false advertising at best, fraud otherwise, I'm not excited to be running solidworks/Fusion/etc. if OW can't even run at minimal settings.
    Should have just bought a cheap PC at this point.

5. ParallelsU312

ParallelsU312 Bit poster

6. ParallelsU312

ParallelsU312 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem with the latest version of Parallels on a 16" MBP with the 5500m. (My initial post was on a 13" with an eGPU)