Owncloud on Windows 10 guest OS (on Mac)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StephenP14, Apr 10, 2021.

1. StephenP14

StephenP14 Bit poster

Hello everyone,
    I've got a local Owncloud server (owncloud.com -> being used as a file server, mostly) and I'd like to connect to it from windows 10 in Parallels desktop Mac.
    When I try to run their client installer it reports:
    "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor."
    I'm running this on a new 2020 intel MacBook Pro, 2ghz Intel Core i5. OS X Big Sur 11.2.3
    I'd expect that error on an M1 Mac, but this is Intel. Any clues?

2. mmika

mmika Pro

Very strange.... Owncloud desktop client works even for windows ARM64 on M1... Could you re-download owncloud client installer and re-check?

3. StephenP14

StephenP14 Bit poster

Well, I downloaded the windows client again, and tried once more. Same result. "installation package is not supported by this processor type."

4. mmika

mmika Pro

StephenP14, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the technical report's ID here?

5. StephenP14

StephenP14 Bit poster

Technical report #367849841 submitted.

6. mmika

mmika Pro

StephenP14, looks like you download 64bit installer, while your Windows is 32bit. You need to choose 32 bit installer (there is a link below called 32bit version available)

7. StephenP14

StephenP14 Bit poster

> palm to forehead < d'Oh! I just hit the first windows download link, assuming it would know what to do.
    Well, as you suggested, the 32-bit windows client installs and runs just fine.
    Thanks for your help. Can't complain about an easy fix! :)