P4.0 - how to swap command and control?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Wildnight, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

Hello,

issues with Ctrl-Cmd swapping, sticking keys, as well as several other less frequent issues having to do with keyboards and remappings were submitted to our developers. They are currently working on providing a fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2. Bernhard.parallels

Bernhard.parallels Member

I really would like to bring this thread to attention of the developers again and I hope that other users are helping me on it!

Foremost, the problems of sticking keys has to be resolved!
    In my case, I have to restart the VM completely and all apps I use during the day. This is most annoying during a working day.

In summary: the problem of sticking keys is so pervasive and annoying that it is very difficult to like v4 of PD!

Please, resolve it!

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

We are working on it
    As for workaround, please sett settings in Parallels Desktop - Preferences - Keyboard to Default
    Use Restore Defaults button

4. Simon Kemp

Simon Kemp Bit poster

i AM STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS - AT THE MOMENT MY CAPS LOCK AND SHIFT KEY IS NOT DEPRESSED - I AM! IF I TYPE AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO GET THE @ SYMBOL I NEED TO "TYPE FN SHIFT @" SMALL CAPS i NEED TO caps lock OR hold the shift kEy down. VERY VERY DISTURBING ESPECIALLY WHEN ON IS ENTERING PASSWORDS - I AM ON DESKTOP 4.0 V 4.0.3848 USING os 16.6.3 WITH LATEST xp