P9 vs. P8 regression, Win7: Broken shortcut

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AngryAnt, Sep 11, 2013.

1. AngryAnt

AngryAnt Member

I have been a happy camper with Parallels 8 for a while and decided to give 9 a go - with its promise of better Mavericks integration.

My primary use for Parallels is to run Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2012. For this task, I have a lot of shortcut remappings set up in the Parallels settings - mapping common text IDE shortcuts from OS X defaults to the Visual Studio map.

The remapping was running great in 8, but with 9, it has broken in the following ways:

1. Randomly, the keyboard layout will switch to generic, US (mine is apple, DK). Workaround is to switch to another OS X app and then back to Parallels again.
    2. Randomly, shortcuts will fail to map - cmd + X outputting an x on the first try and then properly cutting on the second.
    3. My shift + alt + 8 mapping to alt + ctrl + 8 (in the absence of being able to specify altgr + 8) straight up doesn't work. This is just a tad annoying as it is the mapping for curly brackets on the apple DK layout.

I really hope that this gets resolved soon as my upgrading my 9 trial to a purchase is 100% contingent on it being fixed. Parallels has no value for me without this as productivity boosting is the entire idea behind my use of it in the first place.