Packaging Connection Settings for 2X Client

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by npham, Mar 26, 2012.

1. npham

npham Guest

I'm just having a bit of trouble getting this setup. I've seen the how-to doc on creating the transform file from orca, but the issue remains that if I'm sending this out to other users at another location, I haven't found a way to exec the msi with the transform using a relative path. AFAIK, you cannot use relative paths with msiexec.

How is everyone packaging their connection settings for the 2X Client?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry if i may be out of tpoic a bit, i got to avoid all of that by using the webportal ;)

3. vito1

vito1 Member

npham.
    See my post here..it may help
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6023
    Basically, you can crate your transform, then use the msitrans to make a new msi file with the settings.

This even can help with portal users...you create a new msi and place it in your client folder on the web server.

2x really needs to really improve on client settings and admin control. Esp for internal vs external users. (Even with the web portal)
    (which other post and suggestion have been submitted)

4. npham

npham Guest

I've got one of the other admins setting up the webportal, while I work on the transform. Thanks for the responses, I'll be sure to update this when I have a solution.

5. npham

npham Guest

I tried applying the transform to the msi, but each time, 32bit and 64bit, it would toss an error while installing, "error code is 2356"

Were you able to get around this Vito?

6. npham

npham Guest

I've been trying to get the transform to apply correctly, but it keeps crashing while installing and throwing an error code 2356 I believe.

How did everyone get around this?

7. vito1

vito1 Member

Sorry, i did not get any errors during the process.

8. Louie

Louie Bit poster

Hi Guys, I've come across the same 2356 error and can't seem to find a solution. I was wondering if any one of you did.
    Thank in advance

9. Louie

Louie Bit poster

Hi Guys, I'm also getting the same 2356 error and I haven't found a solution, I was wondering if any of you did.

Thank you in advance