Parallel desktop 13 Bootcamp undetectable

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ShiauK, Sep 26, 2017.

1. ShiauK

ShiauK Bit poster

After I re-installed my bootcamp by the latest macOS High Sierra, Parallels Desktop can't detect or recognize bootcamp from installation assistant menu.
    Even if I tried the steps by the link http://kb.parallels.com/en/116235, there is no selectable bootcamp disk from Source drop-down list.
    Please fix this issue as soon as possible.
    Thanks

HarleyM likes this.
  2. JamesM15

JamesM15 Bit poster

me too

3. JamesM15

JamesM15 Bit poster

Got mine working.....it failed to work after upgrade - a previously setup parallels VM of Bootcamp.
    Removed the VM so I could set up from scratch - then discovered I could not add Bootcamp anymore. So I was stuck.....tried everything no success.

then I tried accessing my time machine backup pre-upgrade to sierra. Moved the Parallels VM into high sierra /documents/parallels/
    Tried it and it booted up fine.

Does not help unless you had a previously working parallels VM (before upgrade to High sierra).......but may help others if they get the same corruption I did after upgrade.

4. HarleyM

HarleyM Bit poster

Me too... I deleted the .PVM file to create the virtual machine again and also tried the walkthrough of the http://kb.parallels.com/en/116235 link. Nothing detects the BootCamp HDD. My OSX High Sierra also ...

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello All, please follow as suggested below:

Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP).

1.Restart the Mac, on Apple logo loading screen press CMD + R to boot into Recovery.
    2.In Recovery, on Mac menu bar locate Utilities menu > open Terminal application.
    3.Type in the commands below one-by-one:

csrutil disable

reboot

4.Back in a normal mode remove the existing machine or create the new one, depending on the customer's scenario.
    5.Boot macOS into Recovery again and enable SIP back running the following Terminal commands:

csrutil enable

reboot.

Please see if this works. Thanks!

6. ShiauK

ShiauK Bit poster

This issue has been solved by the update of v.13.1.0(43108). Thanks :)

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @ShiauK, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!