Parallel Hard drive space

Duncan Bottrill

Bit poster
I am running parallel desktop 3.0 and when you install it for the first time it makes a hard drive of about 5GB. I want to install some games and really need a bigger hard drive. Can i just create a new one to use it along side the existing one? or will i have to get rid of the old one and re install all the programs on there to make a new bigger one?
 
Hello Duncan,

You can create new virtual hard disk and use both virtual hard disks in your Virtual Machine:
1. Open the Configuration Editor of VM.
2. Click "+" button in the bottom.
3. Choose to add new Hard Disk and proceed.

When you start Virtual Machine, you will find new logical disk. If you had C drive before and D is CD-ROM, then new drive E will appear.

You have another option to increase your existing virtual hard disk using Parallels Image Tool:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/5134
 
Hi

I did this in v3.0 and it didn't really solve my space problem --and was left with extra drive ( that I just learned how to trash ) --= the v4. program has built in partition expander - that I am still trying to figure out

Greg
 
Back
Top