Parallels 10.04 < Yosemite Graphics card issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DanielC8, May 10, 2017.

1. DanielC8

DanielC8 Bit poster

Hi guys

I've just installed Yosemite using Parallels so that I can run an older version of Final Cut Pro.

The operating system is generally very laggy, but the main issue is that when I launch Final Cut, I get a graphics related error and the app quits. I've had a look at the about this Mac area and it does specify the 8GB of RAM that I have allowed the VM to access, however it does not recognise the graphical allowances I've set.

How do I allow it to utilise my GPU?

Best Wishes

Attached Files:

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DanielC8 , please check this and let us know if that helps. Also please help us with the screen shots of the error messages if possible.

3. MichaelB46

MichaelB46 Bit poster

Same problem. Under Parallels Running OSX Yosemite, the "Graphics" card is listed as "Display 256 MB". Trying to install Final Cut Pro Trial in order to convert older Final Cut Projects, will not let the program install because the OSX Yosemite under Parallels emulated graphic card is listed as "Display 256 MB" and deemed insufficient to run Final Cut Pro Trial, while the actual hardware 650M 1024K is compatible. Need to get OSX Yosemite under Parallels to recognize or list in system a better graphics card.

Attached Files:

4. viola

viola Hunter

Does this work now with Parallels 14 and Final Cut (Studio and Pro)?