Parallels 10 - Win8 -Update 8.1 problem

SimoneC1

Bit poster
Good morning,
i have installed on parallels 10 (mac with Yosemite) my original copy of Windows 8 PRO. It seem works fine but when I try to update the system to windows 8.1 in the computer preferences/windows update I always have indication to reboot the system, but at the next attempt the message is the same and I don't see any possibility to update.
What can I do?
Many thanks
 
Hi SimoneC1,
Running check disk to see if your hard drive is the problem
What you will need - A Windows 8.1 CD
Step 1: Place the CD in your drive and proceed to boot from Windows Virtual Machine
Step 2: When the install screen pops up, look to the bottom left and select "Repair Your Computer".
Step 3: You will now see a screen that says "Choose an option". Select "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced Options", and finally "Command Prompt".
Step 4: Type "chkdsk /r C:" (Without quotes)
Step 5: The scan should start. This could take several hours depending on the size of your hard drive.
Step 6: Once the scan is done, type "exit" (without quotes).
Step 7: Reboot and also try SFC /SCANNOW and then try to upgrade to Windows 8.1 check how it works.
 
Thanks Paul! I have solved by re-installing the system.. Probably the problem interesting also the license key because the activation failed with message: the code is already used for another PC.. so I activate it by phone. After that all seems ok.. Actually the windows update is runinng..
 
Thanks Paul! I have solved by re-installing the system.. Probably the problem interesting also the license key because the activation failed with message: the code is already used for another PC.. so I activate it by phone. After that all seems ok.. Actually the windows update is runinng..
I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reply for further assistance. We will be happy to help you. Thank you!
 
Back
Top